A few weeks ago, ( I know I'm slow), we went to the Denver Airport to visit my brother, Erik. He was passing through on his way to some job interviews. He's been living in Germany for the past 2 years, so we were thrilled to see and visit with him. Anyway, we meet at the airport and he was kind enough to bring us German chocolate. YUM!
One of the kinds he brought was marzipan and after serving in Luebeck for 6 months, I really don't care for marzipan. Lexie picked that one out to eat and I opened it for her. She shared half with Joseph and then asked if I wanted some and I told her no thanks and that I didn't care for it. She then told me I had to try a "no thank you bite." (That is what we make her do all the time at dinner.) What was I supposed to do? I did try some and I was then praised for being such a big girl and trying new things. What a sweetie girl! I sure love her, even though she made me eat some marzipan!
This story makes me laugh a very great deal! Great job for being so brave Cheryl!
ReplyDeleteI just discovered marzipan for the first time last week and loved it! I'm sorry you don't. Feel free to give Erik my address in Georgia anytime he feels that marzipan-filled German chocolate is burning a whole in his pockets.
ReplyDelete