Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

I attended my first caucus tonight. (Rick got to put the kids to bed b/c he is a registered Independent.) It was quite an experience. It was nothing like the Maryland or the Kansas Absentee process. I was really surprised with the turnout. The school parking lot was packed as well as the neighborhood streets. There was a huge turnout from the ward (and old ward before it split)-it kinda felt like a Ward Activity. It was great to see so many familiar faces. It was not the easiest thing to find your precinct table (no one was holding up our sign when I was searching), but eventually I found it. We had 23 people from our precinct show: 3 for Huckabee, 4 for McCain, and 16 for Romney. Romney easily took Colorado. We also elected a precinct leader, then delegates to the state and so forth. I get to be an alternate to the state if the other 4 can't attend. My friends the Dransfield's put a video of the gym last night on their blog if you want to see how packed it was. Here is a pic I stole off their blog of some of us there.It was a lot of fun, good to see politics in action. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this election plays out. As most of you know, I am bit of a political junkie and have lots of fun discussing it, so we'll see how things go...Enjoy the race.

1 comment: