When we picked Lexie up from school, she couldn't wait to tell me about her election. The kids got to vote for their next president: Tigger or Mickey Mouse. Tigger ran on the platform of "P.E. every day & a trampoline out on the playground". Mickey promised pizza every day for lunch. Tigger won. At first Lexie thought Mickey would be more fun to vote for, "but after listening to what he had to say" she liked Tigger more. (Two of the teachers dressed up as Mickey & Tigger & made a campaign commercial for the kids.)
If only all elections were that easy.
And, we voted also! (But we took care of that last week.)
I would pick jumping over pizza too.
ReplyDeleteAt least Lexie's class took the healthy candidate :)
ReplyDeletePoor Joseph...hope he still enjoyed the pizza.
ReplyDeleteAlex's class voted whether they were going to wear dress up clothes or pajamas on Christmas. He voted pajamas.
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the coolest moms I know. I still want to be like you when I grow up ... have been since we were 12.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what is wrong with your schools, but my elementary school kids had to vote for Obama or McCain. Of course they also had to vote for some local leaders. Somehow, I like the Tigger and Mickey options best! And I would have voted for pizza and pajamas!!! I'm going to recommend this for the next election season.
ReplyDelete