Sunday, April 20, 2008

How Mysterious!

Today Lexie's teacher taught Sharing Time in Primary. They were fishing for facts about President Monson. A child from each class got to come up & "fish" with a fishing pole with a magnet on the end and catch a fish/fact. I was in the back of the room and overheard Lexie talking with 2 of her friends about how there were 2 fishes left and their class hadn't gone...they wondered which of them would be picked to go fishing. When it was time for her teacher to pick someone, neither Lexie nor her 2 friends were chosen. Stunned, Lexie turned to her friends & said quite loudly, "How mysterious! None of us were picked! Oh Man!" Then she went on to GRRRR about 4 times. I was laughing pretty hard & was grateful that she finally quieted down. But wait there's more...before dismissing for classes we hand out the talk, scripture, prayer assignments for next week-we call it mail. Well, Lexie got assigned the scripture. When she heard her name she yelled, "Yes, I got mail! Yes! Yes! Yes!"
I think we need another talk about inside voices. But, I am grateful she gets so excited in Primary. She loves it.

3 comments:

  1. That's cute! Isn't it fun to be in primary and get to see how they are!? Then again, Alex is usually upside down on his chair or pestering the girl next to him.... So maybe I don't love knowing what he's doing! Oh well. I know he's learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! It's definitely better that she's excited about Primary, even if a little exuberant. My oldest is in Sunbeams and doesn't stay in her chair very well, so being in Primary with her isn't always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! I love that she even knows the word "mysterious". She is such a cute little girl.

    ReplyDelete