At Joy School, Joseph has been learning about butterflies. He brought home his caterpillar in a cocoon (chrysalis) & he checked it everyday for 2 weeks.
Today when he checked on his caterpillar, it was a "beautiful, colorful butterfly". He was so excited & surprised to see it had worked!
Now they are learning about their bodies & all the awesome things they can do. Today he made a gingerbread man to look like him.
Miss Jen also sent him home with "scoops of ice cream" to help him learn sight words. They add new words each week or so.
He is doing a great job with sounding out words & has these (& some of Lexie's) sight words down.
Um. I think the correct word is crysillus. Gavin pointed that out to me.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I thought Gav was going to wet his pants when he saw the butterfly. It's like a modern day miracle!!!
Yes, you are right. We really did call it a chrysalis with Lexie & Joseph. It's so cute to hear them say it, huh?
ReplyDeleteway to go Joseph! I wonder if this one will fly away?
ReplyDelete